Process To Register A Company In The US While Living In India
Register A Company In The US, Are you the owner of an Indian startup wishing to expand or an established company looking to establish a subsidiary in the US? The United States is a shelter for potential business ties because of its large reach in improving financial transactions, capital investments, and total firm expansion. Let’s have a look at how to form a business in the United States while living in India.
Many investors and commercial companies want to start a business in the United States of America in order to expand their product and service offerings in other developed areas such as the United States, Europe, and South America.
Establishing a business in the United States has a number of benefits, including improved reputation in the global market, the ability to attract angel investors, and tax advantages, among others.
Any Indian or foreign national can incorporate a C-Corporation (Company) or an LLC in the United States (akin to an LLP). An ‘S-Corporation,’ on the other hand, requires all stockholders to be citizens of the United States. There are no restrictions on the number of owners of a US corporation or limited liability company (LLC), their country of origin, or whether they are persons or companies.
The process to incorporate a corporation or LLC in the USA while living in India
Once you’ve decided what type of company you want to start and which state you want to form it in, there are only a few fundamental requirements we need to create your business for you.
Appoint a Registered Agent
To incorporate a corporation in the United States, you must first select a “Registered Agent,” who must have a physical address in the state of formation, be available during business hours, and accept and sign for the firm’s formal legal and state documents. The Registered Agent acts as a point of contact between you and the United States government. They’ll take your documents, scan them, and email them to you; if necessary, they’ll transmit documents that can’t be scanned or require a physical signature by International Mail.
Select a Company Name
The Registered Agent will search the name to see if it is available in your chosen state, just like we do here.
Provide the names and addresses of the directors, members, and so forth.
You must provide information about the directors and members of the potential firm, as well as KYC documents such as a passport, address proof, ID evidence, and so on. After successful document and form completion, your corporation or LLC can be formed in 1-2 days.
Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
The Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), also known as a “EIN” or simply “Tax ID Number,” is a firm identification number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Once your company is formed, a Registered Agent will assist you in obtaining this number from the IRS. You’ll need your EIN to create a bank account in the United States.
Apostille or Authentication Certificate (Optional)
If you want to open a bank account in India, or if a local firm or government agency requires verification of the creation of your US Corporation or LLC, the company formation paperwork may need to be certified with an “Apostille.” You can have an apostille certificate of formation delivered by international courier by your registered agent.
Open a Bank Account in the United States
A US bank account is required for the following:
- Accepting payments in US dollars;
- To create a merchant account in the United States;
- To open a physical branch office in the United States.
Most banks will demand you to have a physical address in the United States that is not the address of your Registered Agent. Some banks may acknowledge your Registered Agent address when opening or creating a bank account, but you must prepare for your account statements as well as other mail to be forwarded through a mail forwarding firm or sent digitally.
Establish a Bank Account in Your Home Country
If you need to create a bank account in your native country, the bank will almost certainly demand the “Apostille” certificate of formation described above. For additional information on what is necessary to open a bank account in your country, contact your local bank.
Get a US phone number, website, and so forth
Obtaining a US phone number and developing a website grants digital space in the United States. People currently visit your website rather than your real location. Create a professional-looking website and secure a local phone number in the United States. There are several phone number providers in the United States that will give routing to send your calls to any Indian number you choose, as well as VOIP service, which allows calls to be routed over the internet rather than traditional voice lines.
The Advantages of Creating a US Company from India
- The most significant advantage of incorporating your Delaware business in India is access to venture capital companies and startup investors.
- Annual venture capital investment in businesses in the United States has averaged $130 billion over the last three years. This includes capital from typical venture capital companies, startup syndicates and angel investors.
- In comparison, India is on course to have a $30 billion capital market by 2025.
- The expansion of the Indian capital market is fantastic and deserves to be celebrated. But, in the end, forming a US firm from India offers you immediate access to more capital.
- By incorporating in the United States, you have access to the world’s largest startup capital market, allowing you to raise funds from American venture capitalists, angel investors, and syndicates.
- A Delaware corporation does not require a US location to be incorporated, but you must employ a registered agent in Delaware.
- If you want to work from India, your personal tax status will stay unchanged (your firm will pay taxes in the US), and you will not require a work visa.
- To recruit Indian personnel for your US firm, you’ll need to either incorporate an Indian subsidiary or utilise a provider like Deel as your EOR.